I completed work for my thesis research in the Translational Neuroimaging and Systems Neuroscience Laboratory during the summer of 2017.

Of course, these results will enable me to complete my thesis and graduate with my degrees, but I also hope to publish these results within the scientific community. I have also made some headway this summer writing my thesis and preparing to publish this research. By publishing my work, I hope to contribute knowledge to the scientific community in order to improve our overall understanding of nicotine addiction.

My academic studies focus on biomedical engineering. Courses that reviewed material in signal transduction, signaling, and other fundamentals of neuroscience have aided me in understanding the biological processes occurring in my research project. I have also taken a statistics course, which greatly helps me analyze and evaluate my data.

I am very grateful to the Student Engagement Network for supporting me to complete my honors thesis, and more importantly, to conduct exciting research. I’m currently applying to MD/PhD programs, through which I hope to continue biomedical research that is relevant to clinical patient populations. The support this summer allowed me to continue my research and gain a better foundation for a career in biomedical research.