I am a World Campus Student and I participated in the Study Away Philadelphia program which has a focus on social justice in the city. My placement/fellowship was with Greensgrow Urban Farm located in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia. This placement offered an ideal urban laboratory. I was able to learn about the sustainability initiatives throughout the city.

It was important for me to observe and opportunity and challenges to deliver fresh weekly produce sources from local farms in NJ and PA. Overall, I had the pleasure of living our shared values: fresh food access for urban areas.

My studies in agribusiness management and entrepreneurship were beneficial for this experience. I was privileged to gain access to the internal business plan and financial statements to review the business model from the executive director’s eye level and apply my comprehension on economics and agribusiness management courses.

I have learned how to navigate unforeseen challenges and have expanded my awareness of empathy, when needed, and compassion. My personal website contains more information about my experience and can be found here: https://spark.adobe.com/page/g9kgGpjTD3oi7/