Engagement SpaceSet Your Goals. Find Your Compass. Build Your Journey
Key features of the Engagement Space
- Reinforce the journey of the student and support the value of being a life-long learner and contributing global citizen.
- Excite the users and inspire attainable action.
- Enrich and deepen the meaning and outcomes of student engagement and/or participation for both the student and partnering constituencies.
- Improve the search of engagement opportunities and provide a breadth of networking opportunities.
- Create an easy way for students to acquire contact or application information from the partnering constituencies.
- Provide easy-to-use navigation.
- Allow students and partnering constituencies to communicate new opportunities and to add to the system.
- Provide long-term support in the development of a network of Penn State people who are connected around the ideas of engagement and participation.
- Facilitate reflection on engagement experiences to optimize learning and transferable skills
Fall/Winter 2020 Hours of Operation: (There are limited hours of operation due to COVID-19)
M, W, F 11 am-2 pm
Coming Soon – Design, Development, and Testing for an all new Engagement Space at University Park
Reserve a Spot
Any recognized student organization or university-affiliated office, program, or partner can reserve the Engagement Space. Interested individuals and/or groups should be prepared to speak to students about engagement opportunities (e.g. internships, volunteerism, student club/org involvement, etc.), available funding (e.g. grants, scholarships, fellowships, etc.), and special events or programs that align with the Student Engagement Network mission.
Promote an Opportunity
Any Penn State faculty or staff member can submit a digital sign to display in the Engagement Space. Digital signs must be 1920 x 1080 pixels (6.4 x 3.6 inches) in size. Files can be submitted in a number of formats, but must be in landscape orientation. Individuals should specify their preferred start and end dates, allowing 24 business hours for scheduling. Content will only be accepted if it pertains to student engagement opportunities.